The below recipe is one of my favorites for cod. If you are interested in more cod recipes go to https://www.thespruceeats.com/light-and-flaky-cod-recipes-4770042 to find “32 Light and Flaky Cod Recipes to Try Tonight”.
Baked Cod with Lemon Parmesan CrustCourse: Uncategorized
1 – 1¼ pound cod fillet
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped
½ cup plain Panko bread crumbs
2 – 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
Lemon juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 4000
- In a bowl, blend together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add the sautéed onions and butter mixture to this bowl and stir to moisten.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray or oil. Place the fillet skin-side down. Season fillet lightly with salt and pepper. Lightly press the bread crumb mixture on top of the fillet
- Bake in the middle of the oven until the fillet flakes when pressed with a fork, approx. 15-20 minutes for a 1”- 1½” thick fillet, or 20 – 25 minutes for a 2”- 2½” fillet.
- If breadcrumbs start to burn before the fillet is fully cooked, place foil loosely over the top of the fish for the remainder of the baking time.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice when served, if desired.