|The Charities Committee exists to lend a helping hand to others in need, and is a way of giving back to our community.
|Because there are so many worthwhile charities in our community it is necessary for the Charities Committee
to have a set of established guidelines that govern how contributions are made.
- The Charities Committee’s goal is to make a donation each month to a legitimate charity, person or family in
- Only members of the R.I. Saltwater Anglers Assocation may request donations to a charity
- All requests for donations must be presented to the Chairman of the Charities Committee
- Members of the Charities Committee may select a charity each year, and may present requests for other persons
- The charity must use at least 80-90% of their receipts directly for their cause and not for
large administrative costs
- The organization must be verified as an IRS-approved, registered charity*
- Donations to an individual or family must be for a RISAA member or member’s immediate family
- Consecutive annual donations to any charity is not allowed
*Must be a "charity". School bands, boy scouts, church groups, etc. may be nonprofits,
but do not qualify in this case.
- The Charities Committee receives an annual approved budget
- Donations each year may not exceed the approved budget
- If any donation is considered that would exceed the annual budget, a committee
vote is required and approval of the RISAA Board of Directors is needed.
Send an E-MAIL
to the Chairman of the Charities Committee.